Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dish #21 - They lied.

The Dish: Whoever said love was the magic ingredient in baking? They LIED! It is so not. I made two separate batches of oatmeal cookies yesterday and ... they weren't so magical. I followed the recipe down to the dot. The recipe was reviewed by 2000 people and they all gave it five stars! So this is where I'm confused. They are supposed to be soft, moist AND chewy. The first batch ended up being hard, dry and crunchy. The second batch was a slight improvement - softer and chewier but again not moist, really bland and I can even taste the baking soda as an after-taste. Ugh. Further investigation is needed.

4 comments:

  1. Further investigation: It's pretty clear that you bake your cookies with hatred and contempt and at best - reckless disregard.

    Also, too much baking soda. apparantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not. It's hard to believe but I'm very much a gentle and loving person. And you spelt 'apparently' wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete