Search This Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dish #20 - Honey Crumbs Banana Mufffffffins!


The Dish: The baking frenzy continues as I make my first batch of banana bread muffins. I altered the recipe I found from allrecipes.com and not only are these little delights super tasty, they're also quite healthy! There is minimal margerine and sugar; you can add oats, walnuts and almonds (and other healthy grains and nuts) into the batter or sprinkle them on top (I did both). I also sprinkles a little brown sugar and honey on top so it gives the muffins an extra crunch! I am definitely adding this one to my personal cookbook.

Note: I couldn't buy very ripe bananas so I used normal ones and you can "ripen" them by putting them in the microwave for about a minute or so until warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment