Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dish #53 - Day 2: Cold Turkey?

The Dish: I have an addiction. It's not immediately life threatening. I began my "rehab" process yesterday. Here's to Day 2. Oh, what am I addicted to?

Lip balm: Holy crap it sounds silly. But it is true. I was putting that stuff on at least 8-9 times a day, if not more. Apparently, here are 3 ingredients in common lip balm that can make your lips even drier as they are meant to cure cold sores: menthol, camphor and phenol. I have been putting this stuff on for years!!! My lips are so dependant on it to the point where, recently, even when I put it on, my lips remains irritated, red and dry. I feel temporary relief but it's drying my lips up one application at a time...

Goal: I'm trying to stick to lip gloss instead which is purely cosmetic. As Meg coined it, "lip gloss is the nicotine patch of lip care." It obviously doesn't give me the nice tingly feeling I normally get. I'm also trying to lower my application times to twice a day and eventually going cold turkey. Maybe tomorrow...but I can't possibly do it...my lips get so dry by the evening...they do not naturally retain moisture anymore. Another reason to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment