Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dish #3 - I love Toronto.

The Dish: I really do love living in Toronto. Where else are you going to hear a story about another man who jumped into the infamous Horseshoe Falls? Well I guess that goes for the whole Niagara Escarpement. My point is, although there are many who have entered the great rapids before this man, a true Ontarian will never get sick of hearing a story like this. They called it an "unprotected tumble" on the news but I say it was more like an unfulfilled death wish. Oh yah, by the way, this dude is one of the few who actually survived such an experience. According to onlookers, he kind of just wandered in... Ok so everyone watched as his man climbed over the railings in attempt to kill himself in the most powerful waterfall in North America? Like I said, I love this country.

The Rescue: Here are some pics of the rescue. (All photos are courtesy of CTV.ca)

Man Struggles in Water

Pic #1 - Man struggles in cold water after going over the falls but adamantly refusing any aid.

Chopper Rescues

Pic #2 - Rescue helicopter approaches over fallen man
(in attempt to blow him back to the shore).

Rescue with Tree
Pic #3 - Rescue work in progress.
That would be a rescue worker trying to reach the man using a tree branch.
Yes, floatation devices are no longer the rescue tool of choice.

The Verdict: I really hope this man was just chasing after his roll-up-the-rim-to-win Timmies cup and thought it might be in the river or something because oh boy what a pathetic attempt at suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment